||Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) technologies use sophisticated modulation schemes to
transmit data over copper wire telephone lines.
They are sometimes referred to as last-mile technologies because they are used for connections between a
telephone company central office switching station and a customer home or office location. DSL occupies a different frequency than does a voice call,
so high-speed data can be sent simultaneously with a telephone conversation over the same line. Because DSL service is
always connected, users don't need to dial in or wait to access the Internet. Symmetric DSL (SDSL) is a
vendor-proprietary DSL service that transmits data synchronously to and from the customer premise at bit-rates ranging from 128 kbps to 2.32 Mbps.
Features and Benefits:
- Up to 50X faster than dial-up
- DSL works over standard phone lines
- Always on 24 x 7 connection
- Fixed cost with no usage fees
- Cost less than Internet T1
- DSL is flexible and scalable
- Serves multiple users simultaneously
- DSL is a secure and private connection